About the Role
Immediate part-time opportunity for a Staff Accountant to work with a growing, small-business accounting and business services firm!
We are looking for an organized and driven Staff Accountant with non-profit accounting experience to join our team. Our Staff Accountant will be involved in all facets of financial transactions including accounts payable and receivable, bank account reconciliations, invoicing, journal entries, and revenue recognition. We are looking for a multi-skilled professional who will ensure accurate processing and recording of transactions while applying standard accounting principles that ensure compliance. A successful Staff Accountant combines excellent analytical skills, a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, and a keen desire to drive process improvement.
· Classify transactions in QuickBooks and/or Excel spreadsheets with accurate detail and speed.
· Support client’s month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process.
· Set up new clients in QuickBooks Online.
· Proficient understanding of payroll and payroll taxes for processing and payment of monthly/quarterly taxes.
· Reconciliation of ledger and bank accounts to ensure accuracy of inputs and resolve any discrepancies.
· Clear and solid understanding of financial statements.
· Assist with complex accounting matters, including researching and preparing technical analyses.
· Assist in client audit preparation, this includes preparing various audit schedules.
· Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· Ensure compliance with the various Federal and State laws.
· Assist in setting up new business entities, payroll, and unemployment accounts.
· Non-profit accounting knowledge and experience is a plus.
· Individual, S-Corp, Partnership tax return experience is a plus.
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and perform other duties assigned.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND ATTRIBUTES OF THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT
· At least 5+ years of bookkeeping/accounting experience. Experience working with nonprofits a plus, but not required. Proven work experience as a senior-level Accountant.
· Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, laws and regulations, including GAAP.
· Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
· Strong QuickBooks Online experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Docs, Microsoft Teams, and other software applications. Technologically sound with quick adaptability and willingness to learn new software applications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational capabilities.
· Ability to work independently, meet multiple deadlines while maintaining the highest standards of quality and accuracy.
· Self-motivated and highly flexible, with a collaborative, team-oriented disposition.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to summarize financial data effectively.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
About the Company
Harper Business Solutions is an accounting and business services firm that is focused on not just doing things right, but in excellence. We assist small businesses, nonprofit organizations, individual and business clients through consultation, accounting/bookkeeping, tax preparation, and community engagement. We provide a collaborative opportunity to the right candidate to use their various skills sets in “Reaching Beyond Numbers.” The ideal candidate must possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to be flexible. The position will target 20-25 hours per week at a rate of $20/hr.
Click "Apply Now" and send your cover letter and resume to HBS.